Saturday, June 03, 2006

Less than two hours left

Hello friends.
It has been a great weekend. It is now an hour and fifteen minutes until I leave for the Grand Rapids airport. I will be flying from there to Detroit, then to Paris, Morocco, and finally to Niamey.

My bags are almost entirely packed. I think they are going to make the weight limit.

I don't have much to say other than I still can't believe this is really happening. Everyone here at home has been so, so supportive of me, and this trip has constantly been met with more blessings. I can't wait to get there! I'll have two days of travel, so don't stop praying!

Love!
Amanda

3 comments:

ashleyfo said...

So I just read over your whole blogspot and i'm still so excited for you. I hope your traveling is going as planned and that your long layovers are not being filled with stressful events (although such things do make for good stories...I'm starting to think that many of the bad things that happen to us, if for nothing else, are good for keeping us entertained and giving us interesting things to talk about).
But any whooo
I enjoy your beautiful writing style, it takes me back to vandegevel's english class and I hope i get to keep reading up on your African adventures! Finally, we'll get to get an account of something besides just AIDS, poverty and animals in Africa--we'll actually get to hear about the people and the culture! yay!
Go Amanda!
:)
Au revior,
Ashley

Issoufou A.M said...

Hi Amanda,
I went through your writings and was impressed about all. I am happy that you enjoy your staying with the Jonhson, nice to have you in Africa and precisely in Niger, you will definitely grab some words in Hausa and the warm friendship of the Nigerien.
Sanu da zuwa

Issoufou from Lagos Nigeria

Anonymous said...

DEAR AMANDA, WE'VE BEEN ENJOYING YOUR MESSSAGES AND LOVED THE PICTURE WITH THE GIRAFFE!
YOUR COUSIN MICHAEL GRADUATED FROM HIGHSCHOOL LAST WEEK ON A HOT AFTERNOON IN THE SCHOOL'S FOOTBALL STADIUM. THERE WERE 650 GRADUATES.
WE"VE BEEN SEEING 100 TO 130 RABBITS ON OUR NIGHTLY WALKS AND ABOUT HALF OF THEM ARE LITTLE BABIES AND JUST ADORABLE.
YOU ARE IN OUR PRAYERS AND GOD IS WATCHING OVER YOU. WE LOVE YOU AND HOPE YOU ARE FEELING GREAT!!!
GRANDMA CAROL AND GRANDPA CHUCK